My client is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to join their well-established engineering enterprise. A subcontract engineering company supplying all major industries for components that are: milled, turned, laser, metal pressings, welded, fabricated and assembled.
The role of Technical Sales Engineer:
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will utilise your technical / engineering knowledge along with proven sales skills to provide quotations, advice and support to new and existing customers. You will be on hand to assist colleagues with bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective.
As a Technical Sales Engineer you are a key point of contact for clients and provide both pre and after-sales advice, liaising regularly with other members of the team from a range of departments, from design and production through to quality and purchasing.
Responsibilities of the Technical Sales Manager:
- Search for new clients who might benefit from company services and maximise client potential in designated regions
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Persuade clients that our service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Calculate client quotations and administer client accounts
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Work on after-sales support services and provide technical back up as required
- Analyse costs and sales
- Prepare reports for Managing Director
- Meet regular sales targets and coordinate sales projects
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how our services can help the client
- Liaise with other members of the team and other technical experts
Requirements of the Technical Sales Manager:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Technical Sales Engineer
- Be able to demonstrate real success in winning and developing accounts at all levels
- Skilled at putting together mutually beneficial proposals offering a fully comprehensive solution to clients
- Strong interdepartmental relationship skills
- Ideally have portfolio of clients to work with